Thursday, September 14, 2017

WHo were the bullies in Pathways Noida? Faizal Wani and Sahil

It was a guy called Faizal Wani and a guy called Sahil.


The fragile egos of the parents have been so proactive that they have immediately removed the hyperlinks that named the children. So I am going to post this in a few days, when their powerful snoops have stopped hounding the namers of their misguided children.


In an earlier post, I have posted the video. Here now is the story in the words of the child who got slapped so hard. Please read the full impact of this action on his life. Since you are a foreign university, you will anyway give admission to these children. And we are very glad that you will. This is precisely the kind of scum of the earth that we want to get rid of. Do us a favour - their parents are rich enough to buy citizenship in Canada or Switzerland. Please convince them to do that also. Losing the money is a very small price to pay to get rid of people like this. They are a walking (sorry, driving) threat to the rest of us.


I can bet that within 10 years from now, these children will have bullied their way. They may not have an FIR against their name, but they will have done enough tormenting.


Here is the letter:
Respected Principal, Teachers and my dear friends

I am writing this mail to express my feelings about how my school has handled this situation.

I also want to make it clear that I have forgiven all those who did this to me.

I did not attend today's assembly where kids who bullied me were to apologise to me, because I do not feel safe to walk back in to my own school.

I was slapped 4 / 5 days before this incident by another boy, and I had told the Principal about it. i did not hit back. Despite that, after just 4 / 5 days I was again attacked by a group of my schoolmates.

I have suffered a lot of pain and humiliation over the incident, but I am glad that they have said sorry to me. I hope that they have learnt their lesson and they will not frighten or threaten me or other children in the future.

This was not a "slap bet". I never made a "slap bet" with Faisal or any of the other boys who attacked/filmed me. Sahil made a bet with me, and no one else had anything to do with it.

Yet, my school has issued a public statement that this was a "consensual" slap bet incident between us. They have also said there was no bullying. This was intentional bullying.

I feel really sad to hear that. I feel really ashamed about this incident. They had ganged up on me since that morning, and made me so scared that I had no option but to let him hit me on my face without even flinching. Did you know that before this slap which was caught on video, he had slapped me but I had flinched because I have braces and he knew I have had a surgery in my ear when I was 4, yet he slapped me saying "nothing will happen, chill". Further, he told me that if I did not take the slap without flinching, the situation would be a lot worse.

I was afraid, and I am now ashamed of being afraid. Many people have asked me as to why I did not hit back or try to defend myself. The only answer I have is ‘fear’, the fear of getting hit again and harder. I knew for a fact that things would’ve gone ugly in the washroom. My upbringing has always told me that physical violence is never the right option.

Right after the incident, my mother was not informed about the incident by the School. She got to know about it only when a student sent her the video. She was also made to wait for 30 minutes outside the Principal's office before she could meet me.

I truly love my alma mater and I want to feel secure there. I spend seventy percent of my whole day at school. I hoped that at least my school would protect me and prevent such a thing from happening to me or anyone else. And so I have put my faith in the school.

If I’m not safe at school then there is no other place around where I would be safe.

I’ve always taken my academics seriously and have been doing fairly well at them but when things like these happen, it would definitely leave me traumatised and wouldn’t allow me to focus on the things where I need to.

But I feel most hurt because the school has called this incident "consensual", as if I am somehow to share the blame. I wish my school was more worried about my and other kid's wellbeing, who are bullied. But they have simply said there was no bullying.

I am in physical pain as well. I have been told by the doctor that my ear drum has been perforated with a large hole with internal bleeding. It was also said that I have temporarily lost partial loss of hearing in the left ear. As per the doctor, this should heal in 10-12 weeks. What if it doesn’t ?

I play squash 5 days a week, go for dance twice a week and the gym 3 times a week. The worst part is that I have to give up all of these until I get better. The doctor said that these activities would cause me greater pain and would stall or even stop my recovery. I was scared when the doctor had told me that there are a lot of chances of me losing my hearing permanently. I cried because I was scared and I think anyone else would be too.

Over the last four days I’ve had serious thoughts about quitting the school. However, when I woke up this morning I realised that I’m not the one who resorted to violence, would it be the right thing for me to give up ?

I respect and love my school, and expect that my teachers and friends will do everything possible so that I can come back to school with my head held high. I hope my school will stand by me, and make sure something like this does not happen to any kid in the future.

Yours truly
Rajveer Bansal

No comments: